Bumper stickers have long been a way to tell the world how smart you are, how subversive, or just a great way to brag a little. In a city like Seattle, bumper stickers offer a diversion from the ennui of traffic. I love playing the bumper sticker game in my own head; I brainstorm ideas that could really capture the imagination of our nation’s commuters. It’s not complicated like haiku. Keep it short and snappy, yet thought-provoking. Here are a few ideas I believe to be bumper sticker worthy:
1) My Kids Are Highly Average
2) Bad Driver On Board
3) Sorry, I Didn’t Mean To Cut You Off
4) IT’s Not Coffee In My Starbucks Mug
5) I ♥ Traffic
6) Global Warming, Not My Problem – This one I would affix to the bumper of my SUV and I would distribute to all my SUV driving pals. Of course, this is meant to be cheeky.
7) My Other Car Is A Prius – Again for the large SUV, or other fossil fuel guzzling automobiles out there. This is meant to be taken literally.
8) My Other Car Is A Hummer – For the Prius driver with a kooky sense of humor.
9) Jesus Saves! He Must Be A Billionaire By Now – This is simply a lesson in compound interest.
10) Honk If You Love Jesus – An old classic that really deserves a “revival”. I’ve noticed a lot of drivers in Manhattan really love Jesus. In Seattle, not so much…why am I the only one honking?